The Schtick: This is a bottled in bond release from Brown Forman in their vintage dated line of expressions. They don’t say a lot about it, so I am curious if this differs significantly from Old Forester Signature.
Distiller: Brown Forman
Bottler: Brown Forman
ABV: 50% ABV
Nose: Honey, caramel, bananas, faint oak. Not super rich, but not flat, either. This also smells young and fruity – musty and really loaded with banana bread notes.
Taste: Young and musty. Wet cardboard. Honey, brown sugar. Some pepper and tobacco. Lots of signature Old Forester banana. Good mouth feel, but a good bit of heat is the cost.
Finish: Short, no real heat. Brown sugar, faint oak, some pepper and then it’s gone.
Overall: Again, not bad, but definitely not remarkable. I prefer Old Forester Signature over this, as I think it has a bit more age despite all of the marketing going on here. This was rough and young tasting, for sure.
Thanks for reading!
Other Brown Forman Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1019 – Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel Barrel Proof Bourbon, Woodman’s Selection
- Review #1017 – Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel Barrel Proof, Kenwood Liquors Selection
- Review #1013 – Old Forester 1920: Prohibition Style
- Review #1011 – Old Forester 1910: Old Fine Whiskey
- Review #1009 – Old Forester 1897: Bottled in Bond
- Review #1007 – Old Forester 1870: Original Batch
- Review #886 – Old Forester Single Barrel, Otto’s Selection
- Review #517. Jack Daniels No 7
- Review #497. Jack Daniels Single Barrel Barrel Proof 5 8 2016
- Review #254. Jack Daniels Single Barrel Barrel Proof
- Review #253. Jack Daniels 150th Anniversary Release
- Review #252. Jack Daniels Rye
- Review #249. Old Forester 1920
- Review #240. Old Forester 86pf
- Review #76. Old Forester Signature