The Schtick: This is a double barrel bourbon release from Old Forester as an entry in their vintage line of expressions. It is first matured in a normal bourbon cask, then moved to a second, highly charred barrel.
Distiller: Brown Forman
Bottler: Brown Forman
ABV: 46.5% ABV
Nose: Really prominent maple, brown sugar and clove. Sweet melon, light banana. Baking spices. Honey.
Taste: Thin to medium. Sort of muted. Sugar, light clove, some spice. Not a lot here. Oddly dry and oaky.
Finish: Short, lots of oak here. Cocoa. Sawdust. Weirdly musty. Overwhelming fake cocoa and oak.
Overall: This isn’t for me. It’s one dimensional, disappointing in the palate and finish, and generally not too complex.
Thanks for reading!
Other Brown Forman Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1210 – Old Forester Bourbon 1990 Japanese Market
- Review #1019 – Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel Barrel Proof Bourbon, Woodman’s Selection
- Review #1017 – Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel Barrel Proof, Kenwood Liquors Selection
- Review #1013 – Old Forester 1920: Prohibition Style
- Review #1011 – Old Forester 1910: Old Fine Whiskey
- Review #1009 – Old Forester 1897: Bottled in Bond
- Review #1007 – Old Forester 1870: Original Batch
- Review #886 – Old Forester Single Barrel, Otto’s Selection
- Review #517. Jack Daniels No 7
- Review #497. Jack Daniels Single Barrel Barrel Proof 5 8 2016
- Review #254. Jack Daniels Single Barrel Barrel Proof
- Review #253. Jack Daniels 150th Anniversary Release
- Review #252. Jack Daniels Rye
- Review #249. Old Forester 1920
- Review #240. Old Forester 86pf
- Review #76. Old Forester Signature