The Schtick: This is a single cask bottling that is available for purchase solely at Kilchoman’s distillery. It is 10 years old and matured entirely in Buffalo Trace ex-bourbon casks. It is bottled without dilution, filtering or coloring.
ABV: 56.4% ABV
Age: 10 Years
Distillation Date: July 3rd, 2008
Bottling Date: September 24th, 2018
Cask Number: 325|2008
Nose: Rich, loaded with caramel. Toffee, buttered popcorn. Honey, lemon meringue. Salt, pepper, soapstone, light sawdust note. Super rich, faint brine.
Taste: Rich honey, thick mouth feel. Light ethanol. Bread-y, lots of pepper, brine and rich plum. Apple, pears, intense ash and passion fruit.
Finish: Long, rich and filled with caramel, honey, buttered popcorn. Nice woody ash complements and adds to the complexity.
Overall: This was really great, and easily my favorite of the evening. A bummer, because it was the only one I couldn’t buy, so I left empty handed.
Thanks for reading!
Other Kilchoman Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1060 – Kilchoman 2009 Sherry Cask
- Review #1012 – Kilchoman 10yr Ex-Bourbon Single Cask, Distillery Exclusive
- Review #1010 – Kilchoman 10yr Single Cask Oloroso
- Review #1008 – Kilchoman 100% Islay, 8th Edition
- Review #1006 – Kilchoman Loch Gorm
- Review #1004 – Kilchoman Sanaig
- Review #1002 – Kilchoman Machir Bay, Ray’s Wine and Spirits Selection
- Review #860 – Kilchoman Impex Series Cask Strength PX Finish
- Review #119. Kilchoman 5yr ex-bourbon
- Review #116. Kilchoman Sherry Cask