The Schtick: This is a limited edition release from Bruichladdich on Islay that draws from a combination of casks to make up the 18,000 bottles for release. Spirit used for The Laddie Edition 2 is made up on distillate aged in Sherry casks, ex-bourbon casks and French wine casks. It is bottled without coloring or filtering.
I’m curious to see how this compared to The Laddie 10 First Edition, which I reviewed not terribly long ago
ABV: 50% ABV
Age: 10 Years
Nose: Honey, toasted almond. Light brine, pepper, fresh baked bread. It’s sweet, lightly nutty, faintly lactic and the sweetness and brine play very well.
Taste: Honey, toffee, light brine, sweet caramel. Faintly lactic, amaretto, rich pepper. Good body on the mouth feel, faint heat, if any.
Finish: Medium in length. No real heat to speak of. Lots of vanilla, pepper, lactic sea air as well as more rich toffee.
Overall: Really nice. I felt like this had more depth and body compared to the first edition, which I also enjoyed, but a bit less. There was more bready sweetness, more caramel and toffee and less lactic sour fruits, although they were not gone altogether. I generally like that oddly lactic Laddie profile, but it’s best in moderation. This nails that balance.
Thanks for reading!
Other Bruichladdich Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1122 – Bruichladdich Port Charlotte The Peat Project
- Review #1119 – Bruichladdich 8yr The Organic 2009
- Review #1116 – Bruichladdich Bere Barley 2008
- Review #1084 – Bruichladdich Port Charlotte 2007 CC:01
- Review #1045 – Bruichladdich The Organic 2.10
- Review #1014 – Bruichladdich The Laddie 10, Second Edition
- Review #975 – Bruichladdich Port Charlotte 14yr Single Cask Nation 2002 First Fill Oloroso
- Review #716 – Bruichladdich’s The Laddie 10, First Edition
- Review #686 – Bruichladdich 25yr, Cadenhead’s 175th Anniversary Bottling, Cask #3044
- Review #625. Bruichladdich Port Charlotte PC7
- Review #623. Bruichladdich Octomore 6.1
- Review #619. Bruichladdich Octomore Orpheus
- Review #611. Bruichladdich The Organic
- Review #406. Bruichladdich Rest and Be Thankful 13yr
- Review #398. Bruichladdich Octomore 6.3
- Review #281. Bruichladdie The Classic Laddie 16
- Review #261. Bruichladdich MP007
- Review #201. Bruichladdich Cuvee 382
- Review #200. Bruichladdich Cuvee 640
- Review #171. Bruichladdich Octomore 7.3
- Review #170. Bruichladdich PC12
- Review #169. Bruichladdich PC11
- Review #146. Bruichladdich Octomore
- Review #130. Octomore 7.2
- Review #112. Bruichladdich Waves
- Review #86. Bruichladdich Rocks
- Review #49. Bruichladdich Port Charlotte Scottish Barley
- Review #23 – Bruichladdich: The Classic Laddie, Scottish Barley