The Schtick: This is a collaboration selection done by a store and a society of a Compass Box marrying cask release. These are releases that take a Great King Street vatting and further mature it in another cask of one type or another. This was a sherried cask.
Distiller: Various (Blend)
Bottler: Compass Box
ABV: 49% ABV
Bottle: One of 306
Nose: Pungent honey, rich toffee. Fresh baked bread. Faintly lactic. Apple cobbler, pears, rich dates and figs. Light sulfur. Really nice overall. Very rich.
Taste: Medium mouth feel. Really subdued heat. Rich salted caramel, crème brulee. Cocoa, light salt and pepper. So very faintly smoky. Figs and stewed fruits. Vanilla cream.
Finish: Short to medium. Gingerbread, honey, toffee, vanilla bean, toffee and salted caramel.
Overall: This was really delightful. An incredibly solid selection. These marrying casks are really interesting and I find myself liking just about every one I try.
Thanks for reading!
Other Compass Box Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1128 – Compass Box Great King Street, Artists Blend Single Marrying Cask, Bounty Hunter Selection
- Review #1016 – Compass Box Great King Street Glasgow Blend, Sherried Marrying Cask, Houston Bourbon Society + Houston Wine Merchant Selection
- Review #605. Compass Box 5th and Harrison
- Review #558. Compass Box No Name
- Review #543. Compass Box Double Single
- Review #451. Compass Box Great King Street Artists Blend Single Barrel Limited Edition Marrying Cask (Binnys)
- Review #413. Compass Box Spice Tree Extravaganza
- Review #373. Compass Box Rivals
- Review #354. Compass Box Oak Cross
- Review #282. Compass Box 3yr Deluxe
- Review #184. Compass Box This Is Not A Luxury Whiskey
- Review #176. Compass Box Great King Street Artist Blend
- Review #33 – Compass Box’s Flaming Heart 15th Anniversary Edition