The Schtick: This is a single barrel of Brown-Forman distillate selected by an Illinois retailer. It is bottled at barrel proof.
Distiller: Jack Daniel’s
Bottler: Jack Daniel’s
ABV: 64.8% ABV
Nose: Really rich honey, toffee, tobacco and banana bread. Rich, buttery, very powerful nose.
Taste: Thick and rich. Little heat despite the proof. Rich buttery caramels, crème brulee, molasses, salted caramel. Strong oak body, without being too dry. Honey roasted peanuts and banana are also present. Dry tobacco at the end.
Finish: Long, sweet and rich. A bit hotter here. Lots of bananas, honey roasted nuts, oak, pepper and some clove.
Overall: Incredibly complex and well done for JD. Some of these barrels are winners and this is one of them.
Thanks for reading!
Other Brown-Forman Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1127 – Jack Daniels Single Barrel Barrel Proof
- Review #1019 – Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel Barrel Proof Bourbon, Woodman’s Selection
- Review #1017 – Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel Barrel Proof, Kenwood Liquors Selection
- Review #1013 – Old Forester 1920: Prohibition Style
- Review #1011 – Old Forester 1910: Old Fine Whiskey
- Review #1009 – Old Forester 1897: Bottled in Bond
- Review #1007 – Old Forester 1870: Original Batch
- Review #886 – Old Forester Single Barrel, Otto’s Selection
- Review #696 – Benriach 25yr “Authenticus”
- Review #517. Jack Daniels No 7
- Review #497. Jack Daniels Single Barrel Barrel Proof 5 8 2016
- Review #254. Jack Daniels Single Barrel Barrel Proof
- Review #253. Jack Daniels 150th Anniversary Release
- Review #252. Jack Daniels Rye
- Review #249. Old Forester 1920
- Review #240. Old Forester 86pf
- Review #76. Old Forester Signature