The Schtick: This is a single cask of Benriach that was picked and sold by La Maison Du Whiskey in Europe. It is bottled at cask strength with no filtering or coloring, after being matured in a sweet white wine hogshead.
ABV: 57.6% ABV
Age: 11 Years
Nose: Super bread like. Tons of clover honey, plums and vanilla bean. Very sweet. Toffee and butterscotch. Krispy Kreme, musty peanut brittle
Taste: Medium mouth feel. Sweet honey, plums and figs, almost ice wine like. Sweet vanilla, cream, toffee and crepe brûlée. Light tobacco. Some heat.
Finish: Short to medium. Sweet honey, creme. Light sulfur, plums and pipe tobacco.
Overall: I like this but it’s sort of one noted. Very sweet. I really enjoy it, but it’s not rocking my world.
Thanks for reading!
Other Benriach Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1018 – Benriach 11yr Single Cask 2006 Sweet White Wine Hogshead, La Maison Du Whiskey Selection
- Review #696 – Benriach 25yr “Authenticus”
- Review #551. Benriach Single Cask 4300 20yr Peated Sherried
- Review #513. Benriach 18yr Tawny Port Single Cask Astor
- Review #332. Benriach Solstice 17yr
- Review #331. Benriach Septendecim 17yr
- Review #232. Benriach Solstice 17yr
- Review #194. Benriach 12yr Sherry