The Schtick: This is a single barrel, barrel proof release of Brown-Forman distillate produced for the Jack Daniel’s line of expressions. This particular barrel was selected for Woodman’s Market, a local chain here in Wisconsin.
ABV: 65.9% ABV
Nose: Honey, graham cracker, waffle cone. Peanuts. Bananas. Oak and cocoa. The banana is notably present here, but a lot of the other notes are interesting and new – like the waffle cone.
Taste: Sweet and total banana bomb. Laffy taffy. Some heat. Rich and viscous though. Oaky, clove, lots of baking spice.
Finish: Long but really really hot. Bananas, cocoa, cloves, pipe tobacco, oak.
Overall: Great also but the heat is definitely more imposing than it should be. This can’t really tango with the Kenwood I recently reviewed. While this was less a favorite, I don’t regret buying it, as these are usually pretty interesting. I don’t know if things are changing for Jack Daniel’s, or not, but I’m noticing in the last year or so that I am finding far less bad barrels of the single barrel barrel proof that I used to. Seems like they’re really trying to dial it in.
Thanks for reading!
Other Brown-Forman Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1019 – Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel Barrel Proof Bourbon, Woodman’s Selection
- Review #1017 – Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel Barrel Proof, Kenwood Liquors Selection
- Review #1013 – Old Forester 1920: Prohibition Style
- Review #1011 – Old Forester 1910: Old Fine Whiskey
- Review #1009 – Old Forester 1897: Bottled in Bond
- Review #1007 – Old Forester 1870: Original Batch
- Review #886 – Old Forester Single Barrel, Otto’s Selection
- Review #696 – Benriach 25yr “Authenticus”
- Review #517. Jack Daniels No 7
- Review #497. Jack Daniels Single Barrel Barrel Proof 5 8 2016
- Review #254. Jack Daniels Single Barrel Barrel Proof
- Review #253. Jack Daniels 150th Anniversary Release
- Review #252. Jack Daniels Rye
- Review #249. Old Forester 1920
- Review #240. Old Forester 86pf
- Review #76. Old Forester Signature