The Schtick: This is an independent bottling of spirit distilled at Glenrothes for Signatory Vintage. It was matured for 20 years in a refill sherry butt before being selected by Spec’s in Texas. It was bottled at cask strength with no filtering or coloring.
Bottler: Signatory Vintage
ABV: 51.3% ABV
Age: 20 Years
Bottle Number: 242 / 539
Nose: Caramel, figs, raisin bread. Toffee, buttered pecan. Sweet rich and musty. Pipe tobacco. Graham cracker. Date fruits.
Taste: Thin to medium mouth feel. Minor heat. Sweet caramel, honey, figs, raisin bread. Heat grows with time. Sulfur. Lovely toffee and caramel. Nice and nutty.
Finish: Long, rich and sweet. Honey, nutty, caramels, figs and sulfur.
Overall: Strangely reminiscent of Classic Cut 2017 with more must, pipe tobacco and a hair more sulfur.
Thanks for reading!
Other Expressions From The Glenrothes That I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1125 – The Glenrothes 20yr Cadenhead’s 1997 Bounty Hunter Selection
- Review #1022 – The Glenrothes 20yr Signatory Vintage 1997, Spec’s Selection
- Review #828 – Scotch Malt Whisky Society 30.100 The Glenrothes 20yr “An Abundance of Fruit Cake”
- Review #819 – Scotch Malt Whisky Society 30.87 Glenrothes 14yr “A Skinny Dipping Dram”
- Review #668 – The Glenrothes 10yr, Abbey Whiskey Exclusive Single Cask #5469
- Review #621. Glenrothes 17yr Signatory UCF
- Review #522. Glenrothes 13yr Single Cask 2003 #5578, Kansas State Selection
- Review #328. Glenrothes Sherry Cask Reserve
- Review #120. Signatory Vintage Glenrothes 11yr