The Schtick: This is the ubiquitous, core expression from Glenmorangie, also labeled as “The Original”. This is a ten year expression, matured in bourbon barrels for ten years.
ABV: 40% ABV
Age: 10 Years
Nose: Honey, fresh bread, sour apple
Taste: Sweet cream, bitter spice. Artificial pear, mildly lactic. Honey, fresh baked bread, cloves.
Finish: Short, a bit hot, and mildly astringent. Caramel, honey, pears and light fig.
Overall: Just fine, but the Glenmorangie base spirit shows through here with a bitterness I can’t seem to shake. A good, inexpensive bottle, but nothing particularly great. I often find myself enjoying this out when I’m at a bar or event with Miller, Bud Light, and Johnnie Red behind the bar and no other good bourbon or scotch in sight. It does great for that.
Thanks for reading!
Other Glenmorangie Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1040 – Glenmorangie Tusail
- Review #1038 – Glenmorangie Spios
- Review #1036 – Glenmorangie Artein
- Review #1034 – Glenmorangie Astar, 2017 Re-release
- Review #1032 – Glenmorangie Bacalta
- Review #1030 – Glenmorangie 12yr Nectar d’Or, Sauternes Cask Finish
- Review #1028 – Glenmorangie 12yr Quinta Ruban, Port Cask Finish
- Review #1026 – Glenmorangie 12yr Lasanta, Sherry Finish
- Review #1024 – Glenmorangie 10yr “The Original”
- Review #22 – Glenmorangie Lasanta