The Schtick: This is a unique Glenmorangie in that it is a blend of 66% 15yr old Glenmorangie distillate and 33% 21yr old spirit that is then blended and finished in a Super Tuscan wine cask.
ABV: 46% ABV
Nose: Sweet salted caramel, bright effervescent fig and currant, light black berry. Some pepper, light pipe tobacco. Sweet plum, vanilla and honey.
Taste: Thin mouth feel, but no heat. Honey, apricot, apples, pears, musty tobacco. Figs, prune, currant. Some dry raspberry and spice.
Finish: Short but vibrant. Fruity, musty, lots of tobacco and dusty notes. The apple and berry is unmistakable.
Overall: This was nice and also dodged the nasty bitterness most Glenmorangie expressions seem to display.
Thanks for reading!
Other Glenmorangie Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1040 – Glenmorangie Tusail
- Review #1038 – Glenmorangie Spios
- Review #1036 – Glenmorangie Artein
- Review #1034 – Glenmorangie Astar, 2017 Re-release
- Review #1032 – Glenmorangie Bacalta
- Review #1030 – Glenmorangie 12yr Nectar d’Or, Sauternes Cask Finish
- Review #1028 – Glenmorangie 12yr Quinta Ruban, Port Cask Finish
- Review #1026 – Glenmorangie 12yr Lasanta, Sherry Finish
- Review #1024 – Glenmorangie 10yr “The Original”
- Review #22 – Glenmorangie Lasanta