The Schtick: This is a release from Bruichladdich, on Islay, that seeks to highlight their organic practices, while sourcing ingredients from various farms.
“In Victorian times when Bruichladdich Distillery was built, all Scottish barley was organically grown. In partnership with organic farmers Sir William Roberts at Mains of Tullibardine, William Rose at Mid Coul and Neil Scobie at Coulmore, Bruichladdich is reconnecting, rediscovering that soul.” – Bruichladdich Bottle
The barley is: Chalice, 100% Organic, from Mid Coup, Coupmore and Mains of Tullbardine.
ABV: 46% ABV
Nose: Fresh baked bread, clove and yeasty sweetness. Honey, lemon tart, pepper, brine and lightly lactic character. Sweet, fruity, bread-y with a hint of pepper and brine.
Taste: Medium mouth feel. Rich vanilla cream, honey, lemon and brine. Faint ash smoke, lightly lactic again, lots of bread-y notes.
Finish: Long, growing far more smokey with ash, pepper, leather, tobacco and brine dominating with light, bread-y lemon dessert in the background.
Overall: Really great stuff. I’ve had it blind in the past and it led me to procure a bottle in the form of a great gift from a friend. Working through this was both delicious and enjoyable, and I look forward to trying other Laddie Organic editions when I can.
Thanks for reading!
Other Bruichladdich Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1045 – Bruichladdich The Organic 2.10
- Review #1014 – Bruichladdich The Laddie 10, Second Edition
- Review #975 – Bruichladdich Port Charlotte 14yr Single Cask Nation 2002 First Fill Oloroso
- Review #716 – Bruichladdich’s The Laddie 10, First Edition
- Review #686 – Bruichladdich 25yr, Cadenhead’s 175th Anniversary Bottling, Cask #3044
- Review #625. Bruichladdich Port Charlotte PC7
- Review #623. Bruichladdich Octomore 6.1
- Review #619. Bruichladdich Octomore Orpheus
- Review #611. Bruichladdich The Organic
- Review #406. Bruichladdich Rest and Be Thankful 13yr
- Review #398. Bruichladdich Octomore 6.3
- Review #281. Bruichladdie The Classic Laddie 16
- Review #261. Bruichladdich MP007
- Review #201. Bruichladdich Cuvee 382
- Review #200. Bruichladdich Cuvee 640
- Review #171. Bruichladdich Octomore 7.3
- Review #170. Bruichladdich PC12
- Review #169. Bruichladdich PC11
- Review #146. Bruichladdich Octomore
- Review #130. Octomore 7.2
- Review #112. Bruichladdich Waves
- Review #86. Bruichladdich Rocks
- Review #49. Bruichladdich Port Charlotte Scottish Barley
- Review #23 – Bruichladdich: The Classic Laddie, Scottish Barley