The Schtick: This is an independent bottling of spirit distilled at Glen Grant, bottled by Signatory Vintage and selected by Bounty Hunter in Napa, California. This is bottled at cask strength, without coloring or filtering.
Distiller: Glen Grant
Bottler: Signatory Vintage
ABV: 60% ABV
Age: 20 Years
Nose: Thick rich toffee, werthers caramels, rich warm vanilla, massive fruit character. Pears, apples, melon, rich fig, plums. It’s a cornucopia
Taste: Thick mouth feel. Little pang of ethanol, but restrained despite the monster proof. Sweet caramel, musty pipe tobacco, vanilla bean. Rich pear, stewed fruits, figs, plums, apples and light cherry body. Really interesting. Nice oak structure as well.
Finish: Long, rich, really mellow despite the 60% ABV. Rich oak, honey, light oak. Some pepper, musty tobacco again.
Overall: This has it all. Sweetness, fruits, oak body. It’s a winner.
Thanks for reading!
Other Glen Grant Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1464 – Glen Grant 23yr Subtle Spirits 1996
- Review #1305 – Glen Grant 25yr Gordon MacPhail 1989
- Review #1051 – Glen Grant 20yr Signatory Vintage 1997, Bounty Hunter Selection
- Review #666 – Glen Grant 2008 8yr Gordon & MacPhail Cask Strength Collection (Marriage of Casks)
- Review #103. Glen Grant V Decades