The Schtick: This is the fourth entry in Glenfiddich’s Experimental Series. It takes peated Glenfiddich and matures it in rum casks.
ABV: 43% ABV
Nose: Light brine and smoke. Faint ask. Sweet vanilla cream. Molasses. Faint lemon, pear. Caramel.
Taste: Medium mouth feel. Faint heat. Sweet molasses, light freshly baked bread. Faint ash, light pepper and smoke. Faint brown sugar. Fun and interesting, but oddly disjointed.
Finish: Short, sweet and bready, with a little rum funk, before pepper, salt and light smoke dash in.
Overall: I like this, it’s very different. That said, it doesn’t blend particularly well. It’s fun and interesting, and I really enjoy that, but I don’t think it’s as good as it could be.
Thanks for reading!
Other Glenfiddich Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1057 – Glenfiddich Fire & Cane
- Review #884 – Glenfiddich XX
- Review #361. Glenfiddich 14yr Rich Oak
- Review #263. Glenfiddich 18
- Review #262. Glenfiddich 15yr Solera Vat
- Review #153. Glenfiddich 14yr Bourbon Barrel Reserve