The Schtick: This is an old, now discontinued release from The Macallan. It is matured fully in sherry, and bottled at cask strength without coloring or filtering.
Distiller: The Macallan
Bottler: The Macallan
ABV: 59% ABV
Nose: Super pungent, meaty sherry. Prunes, figs, rich toffee. Massive stewed fruits, tobacco and nougat. Powerful, earthy, more fruit and cocoa driven sherry rather than butterscotch and light berry driven.
Taste: Medium mouth feel. No real heat, despite the proof. Figs, dates, pepper and tobacco are prominent with a rich cocoa and currant structure.
Finish: Long, rich and loaded with notes like pipe tobacco, cocoa, rich blackberry and currant jam. Figs and dates abound.
Overall: Really a phenomenal product, and one that myself, along with many others, miss dearly.
Thanks for reading!
Other Expressions from The Macallan That I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1063 – The Macallan Cask Strength
- Review #875 – The Macallan Edition No. 4
- Review #872 – The Macallan Edition No. 3
- Review #869 – The Macallan Edition No. 2
- Review #866 – The Macallan Edition No. 1
- Review #851 – The Macallan 18yr Speymalt 1998
- Review #603. The Macallan Classic Cut
- Review #485. Speymalt Macallan Gordon MacPhail 9yr
- Review #313. Dusty 90s Macallan 12
- Review #302. Macallan Edition No. 2