The Schtick: This is an independent bottling of distillate from The Glenlivet that is aged in sherry and bottled by Signatory Vintage, and selected for The Whiskey Exchange. It is bottled at cask strength without any filtering or coloring.
Distiller: The Glenlivet
Bottler: Signatory Vintage
ABV: 67.1% ABV
Age: 10 Years
Nose: Sweet candy, rich vanilla. Toffee, creme brulee, weird root beer note. Nutty and sweet, peanut brittle. Not jammy.
Taste: Sweet and rich mouth feel. The heat is present but not punishing. Sweet toffee, vanilla, light oak. The root beer note is real here – like a root beer barrel candy. Then the heat surges up a notch. Rich nutty sweetness, toffee is strong. Light tobacco. Orange peel and bright fig.
Finish: Long, bold and very hot. The heat is to be expected, I don’t find this too hot given the absurd ABV. Sweet, oaky dessert notes focusing on the toffee / caramel wheel house. Mildly herbal. Interesting, to say the least.
Overall: This was really strange. I wish it had more time in the barrel. I think it was pulled too early. That said, I enjoyed it, but not as much as some other IB Glenlivets that have sprung up in the past.
Thanks for reading!
Other Expressions from The Glenlivet I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1069 – The Glenlivet 10yr Signatory Vintage 2007, The Whiskey Exchange Selection
- Review #993 – The Glenlivet 11yr Signatory Vintage 2007 The Whiskey Exchange
- Review #992 – The Glenlivet 11yr Signatory Vintage 2007 The Whiskey Barrel Selection
- Review #801 – The Glenlivet 1995 20yr Signatory Vintage
- Review #753 – The Glenlivet Founders Reserve
- Review #729 – The Glenlivet 21yr “Archive”
- Review #642. Glenlivet 9yr 2006 Signatory UCF Sherry
- Review #339. Glenlivet French Oak Reserve
- Review #329. Glenlivet Nadurra Oloroso
- Review #222. Glenlivet 8yr 2006 Signatory Vintage
- Review #163. The Glenlivet 12yr