The Schtick: This is a silver rum that is aged for 3 years in American Oak Barrels and then color filtered. It is distilled at Foursquare in Barbados and billed as a Prohibition Tradition style rum…whatever that means.
Distiller: Foursquare (Barbados)
Bottler: Foursquare (Barbados)
ABV: 40% ABV
Age: 3 Years
Nose: Sugar, cinnamon, ethanol. Confectioners sugar and light maple candies.
Taste: Super thin. No heat. Light vanilla and confectioners sugar. Not much going on here at all. Some maple candies.
Finish: Short, mild, sweet honey and molasses. Faint spice.
Overall: This is incredibly mild as far as spirits go. There isn’t a ton going on here. This seems like it’s best in a cocktail paired with another bolder rum, to be honest. I don’t hate it, but it’s a bit like Ambien in a bottle.
Thanks for reading!
Other Foursquare Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1370 – Real McCoy 12yr Limited Edition
- Review #1294 – Foursquare 11yr Single Cask Nation 2008 C+S Selection
- Review #1166 – XXX:One Foursquare 13yr r/Rum x Fine Drams 2005
- Review #1115 – The Real McCoy 3yr Rum
- Review #891 – Foursquare Principia
- Review #807 – Foursquare Premise
- Review #780 – Blackadder 12yr Foursquare
- Review #741 – Foursquare 2004 (Mark III)
- Review #738 – Foursquare Zinfandel Cask Rum
- Review #480. Doorlys 8yr Rum (Foursquare)