The Schtick: This is an organic release from Bruichladdich in that it is made from 100% organically grown Scottish barley. The growing season for this barley was 2008, and distillation commenced in 2009. It is matured for 8 years in a blend of American Whiskey casks. The Organic stamp is certified by the Biodynamic Association.
ABV: 50% ABV
Age: 8 Years
Nose: Sweet cream. Honey, lots of minerality and lemon. Fresh baked bread and fresh cracked pepper.
Taste: Medium mouth feel, cocoa and honey. Lightly smoky, faint ash. Fresh baked dough, lactic. No heat. Lemon zest is unmistakeable, faintly meaty.
Finish: Long, rich and sweet. Plums, tobacco, honey and brine. Lemon zest, ash, sea air and that lightly Laddie lactic funk.
Overall: Really nice. I’m a big fan of this, like previous Organics. The complexity is really well done here. It’s also a steal if you can find this in the $50-$75 range.
Thanks for reading!
Last 10 Reviews for Other Expressions by Bruichladdich.
- Review #1122 – Bruichladdich Port Charlotte The Peat Project
- Review #1119 – Bruichladdich 8yr The Organic 2009
- Review #1116 – Bruichladdich Bere Barley 2008
- Review #1084 – Bruichladdich Port Charlotte 2007 CC:01
- Review #1045 – Bruichladdich The Organic 2.10
- Review #1014 – Bruichladdich The Laddie 10, Second Edition
- Review #975 – Bruichladdich Port Charlotte 14yr Single Cask Nation 2002 First Fill Oloroso
- Review #716 – Bruichladdich’s The Laddie 10, First Edition
- Review #686 – Bruichladdich 25yr, Cadenhead’s 175th Anniversary Bottling, Cask #3044
- Review #625. Bruichladdich Port Charlotte PC7
All Previous Bruichladdich Reviews: Click Here