The Schtick: Cabin Still is a bottom shelf bourbon produced by Heaven Hill.
Distiller: Heaven Hill
Bottler: Heaven Hill
ABV: 40% ABV
Nose: Light, earthy, ethanol. Not a ton going on here, but the ethanol is apparent.
Taste: Think with some heat. Earthy and musty, good bit of caramel and tobacco. Pepper, ethanol and toffee.
Finish: Medium in length, but a bit unremarkable. Caramel, ethanol and some vanilla.
Overall: Honestly, not terrible. Certainly not as bad as I expected. This is priced for the bottom shelf, and squarely belongs there, but I’d drink this ahead of a lot of other things I’ve tried in the past.
Thanks for reading!
Last 10 Heaven Hill Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1286 – Elijah Craig Barrel Proof Batch 11
- Review #1254 – Elijah Craig Gift Shop Bourbon “Grenade”
- Review #1232 – Elijah Craig Barrel Proof Batch A119
- Review #1138 – Old Fitzgerald Prime
- Review #1135 – Mellow Corn
- Review #1133 – Cabin Still
- Review #915 – #923: 9 Blinds Walk Into A Bar
- Review #914 – Elijah Craig Barrel Proof, Batch C917
- Review #912 – Elijah Craig Barrel Proof, Batch A118
- Review #910 – Elijah Craig Barrel Proof, Batch 12