The Schtick: Cabin Still is a bottom shelf bourbon produced by Heaven Hill.
Distiller: Heaven Hill
Bottler: Heaven Hill
ABV: 40% ABV
Nose: Light, earthy, ethanol. Not a ton going on here, but the ethanol is apparent.
Taste: Think with some heat. Earthy and musty, good bit of caramel and tobacco. Pepper, ethanol and toffee.
Finish: Medium in length, but a bit unremarkable. Caramel, ethanol and some vanilla.
Overall: Honestly, not terrible. Certainly not as bad as I expected. This is priced for the bottom shelf, and squarely belongs there, but I’d drink this ahead of a lot of other things I’ve tried in the past.
Thanks for reading!
Last 10 Heaven Hill Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1604 – Evan Williams Single Barrel
- Review #1505 – Old Fitzgerald Bottled in Bond 13yr Limited Edition 2005
- Review #1483 – Parkers Heritage Collection 8yr Rye
- Review #1465 – Elijah Craig Small Batch Tippins Selection
- Review #1462 – Elijah Craig Small Batch Raleigh Bourbon and Banter Selection
- Review #1459 – Elijah Craig Small Batch Cedar Hills Beaverton Selection
- Review #1441 – Elijah Craig Rye
- Review #1435 – Elijah Craig Barrel Proof C919
- Review #1420 – Elijah Craig Barrel Proof B519
- Review #1286 – Elijah Craig Barrel Proof Batch 11