The Schtick: This is a bottom shelf release from Heaven Hill that uses the wheated mashbill.
Distiller: Heaven Hill
Bottler: Heaven Hill
ABV: 40% ABV
Nose: Sharp ethanol, light caramel, faint confectioners sugar. Lightly musty.
Taste: Thin and a bit hot, musty and sweet. There isnt a lot going on here. Its definitely young.
Finish: Short and hot, with lots of young musty character, faint oak, some light honey and wet cardboard.
Overall: This definitely isnt great and is a pour for the rocks or a mixed drink for sure. Other than that, Ill avoid it.
Thanks for reading!
- Review #1286 – Elijah Craig Barrel Proof Batch 11
- Review #1254 – Elijah Craig Gift Shop Bourbon “Grenade”
- Review #1232 – Elijah Craig Barrel Proof Batch A119
- Review #1138 – Old Fitzgerald Prime
- Review #1135 – Mellow Corn
- Review #1133 – Cabin Still
- Review #915 – #923: 9 Blinds Walk Into A Bar
- Review #914 – Elijah Craig Barrel Proof, Batch C917
- Review #912 – Elijah Craig Barrel Proof, Batch A118
- Review #910 – Elijah Craig Barrel Proof, Batch 12