The Schtick: This is a bottom shelf release from Heaven Hill that uses the wheated mashbill.
Distiller: Heaven Hill
Bottler: Heaven Hill
ABV: 40% ABV
Nose: Sharp ethanol, light caramel, faint confectioners sugar. Lightly musty.
Taste: Thin and a bit hot, musty and sweet. There isnt a lot going on here. Its definitely young.
Finish: Short and hot, with lots of young musty character, faint oak, some light honey and wet cardboard.
Overall: This definitely isnt great and is a pour for the rocks or a mixed drink for sure. Other than that, Ill avoid it.
Thanks for reading!
- Review #1505 – Old Fitzgerald Bottled in Bond 13yr Limited Edition 2005
- Review #1483 – Parkers Heritage Collection 8yr Rye
- Review #1465 – Elijah Craig Small Batch Tippins Selection
- Review #1462 – Elijah Craig Small Batch Raleigh Bourbon and Banter Selection
- Review #1459 – Elijah Craig Small Batch Cedar Hills Beaverton Selection
- Review #1441 – Elijah Craig Rye
- Review #1435 – Elijah Craig Barrel Proof C919
- Review #1420 – Elijah Craig Barrel Proof B519
- Review #1286 – Elijah Craig Barrel Proof Batch 11
- Review #1254 – Elijah Craig Gift Shop Bourbon “Grenade”