The Schtick: This is a Knob Creek rye rebarreled in #4 charred barrels.
ABV: 50% ABV
Nose: Honey, spice, peanuts, floral and fresh. Pepper, vanilla, fresh baked bread.
Taste: Thin mouth feel. No heat. Sweet caramel, musty cardboard, honey and confectioners sugar. Grassy and floral. Faint oak presence.
Finish: Dry, oaky and musty. Reminds me more of a craft finish than anything. Sweet honey, grassy musty and gross.
Overall: More like a young craft rye than something notable from Beam. Dissappointing, to say the least.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Beam/Suntory Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1521 – Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve Gallenstein Selection
- Review #1493 – Little Book 2: Noe Simple Task
- Review #1350 – Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve 15yr Barrel Seekers First Selection
- Review #1150 – Knob Creek Twice Barreled Rye
- Review #1005 – Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve, #3993 PPLD TEWS Juice Selection
- Review #944 – Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve, 13yr K&L Wines Selection #5253
- Review #936 – Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve Rye, “Brown Butter Cookie” Wine and Whiskey Country Selection
- Review #915 – #923: 9 Blinds Walk Into A Bar
- Review #897 – Knob Creek Single Barrel Rye #5722, Ace Spirits Selection
- Review #889 – Knob Creek 2009 Cask Strength Rye