The Schtick: This is an independent bottling of spirit distilled at Bunnahabhain and bottled by Adelphi. It was bottled after 11 years of aging at cask strength without coloring or filtering.
ABV: 56.5% ABV
Nose: Really potent peat. Honey, strawberries, waffle cone, juicy currant and figs.
Taste: Sweet honey, vanilla, rich ripe fruits. Cherry, blackberry, currant, fig. Light smoke, some ash and minerality. Light iodine.
Finish: Sweet and smoky. Ash, honey, caramel, cherries, burning wood, light brine.
Overall: Intensely peaty and loaded with juicy fruits makes this a fun dram for me. I really enjoyed the balance and the complexity.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Bunnahabhain Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1152. Bunnahabhain 11yr Adelphi 2005
- Review #110. Bunnahabhain 10yr Signatory Vintage 2005
- Review #1205. Stoisha 3yr Heavily Peated Bunna (Dyllix Mystery: It’s A Baby)
- Review #155. Bunnahabhain 12yr
- Review #216. Bunnahabhain 10yr Murray McDavid Port Cask
- Review #654. Bunnahabhain Eirigh Na Greine
- Review #748. Bunnahabhain 4yr Peated BattleHill
- Review #767. Bunnahabhain 14yr PX Limited Edition
- Review #785. Bunnahabhain 10yr Old Particular KL Wines Exclusive
- Review #943. Bunnahabhain 12yr