The Schtick: This is an indepenent bottling of spirit distilled on Orkney by Highland Park. It is rumored to have been part of a large selling of Edrington owned casks in order to finance Macallan’s new distillery in KLWines opinion. It is bottled by John Milroy collection for KLWines. It is bottled at cask strength with no filtering or coloring. Distilled in 1999 and bottled in 2017.
Distiller: Highland Park
Bottler: John Milroy
ABV: 54.1% ABV
Age: 18 Years
Nose: Honey, faint must, sweet cream, fresh baked bread, lemon.
Taste: Thin mouth feel, no heat. Sweet fresh baked bread, honey, lemon zest, light pepper, faint ash. Not really super bold in any single respect. Heat grows with time, though.
Finish: Long, rich and smoky. The smoke grows to overpower any sweetness, the lemon is gone, and the breads are on fire.
Overall: Nice, but really disjointed. Nose is sweet and light and then that all fades to ash and ethanol by the finish.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent HIghland Park Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1146. Highland Park 12yr 2004 Bevmo Selection
- Review #326. Highland Park 28yr Cadenheads
- Review #161. Highland Park 18
- Review #32. Highland Park 12
- Review #402. Signatory Vintage Highland Park 25yr (Cask Strength Collection)
- Review #613. Highland Park Odin
- Review #615. Highland Park Full Volume
- Review #633. Gordon and MacPhail Highland Park 15yr 1999 Vintage Cask Strength *
- Review #693. Highland Park 17yr “The Dark”
- Review #755. Highland Park Freya (Valhalla Collection)