The Schtick: “Master Distiller Brent Elliott selected and mingled six of Four Roses’ 10 Bourbon recipes, each aged a minimum of 6 years, to handcraft Small Batch Select. Non-chill filtered and 104 proof, our newest permanent product-line extension” – Four Roses. So, this is a well proofed, NCF batched offering from Four Roses. Let’s see how it is.
Distiller: Four Roses
Bottler: Four Roses
ABV: 52% ABV
Nose: Super sweet – more than expected. Toffee, nougat, clove. Lots of rich pepper, some oak, and baking spice. Not too much ethanol.
Taste: Thin to medium mouth feel. Some heat but lots of clove, baking spice, cracked pepper, honey and toffee.
Finish: Medium in length. Toffee, oak, honey roasted peanuts. Overall, this is pretty nice. Bit of nougat, some peanut brittle, light pepper.
Overall: Overall, I enjoyed this, but I don’t know it’s the best thing since sliced bread. I’d happily drink it with some frequency but I don’t know that I’ll be doing so at the price its going for here.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Four Roses Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #334. Four Roses OESK, Rileys Pick
- Review #432. Four Roses OBSQ Binnys Selection
- Review #563. Four Roses Private Selection OBSK B&B Selection
- Review #1015. Four Roses Private Selection OESV Coxs Spirit Shoppes and Evergreen Liquors Selection
- Review #683. Four Roses Private Selection OESF Gomers Selection
- Review #515. Four Roses Private Select OBSV Schneiders of Capitol Hill Selection
- Review #542. Four Roses Private Selection OBSV Eagle River Pick
- Review #346. Four Roses 2016 Single Barrel Limited Edition Elliots Select
- Review #348. Four Roses Small Batch Limited Edition 2016
- Review #521. Four Roses Private Selection OESK The Wine and Cheese Pick (2017)