The Schtick: This is an independent bottling of distillate produced at Glenfarclas and bottled by Single Cask Nation. It is a blend of two Oloroso matured casks, with a 9 year age statement. It is bottled without coloring or filtering, at cask strength.
Bottler: Single Cask Nation
Selection: Single Cask Nation
ABV: 59.5% ABV
Age: 9 Years
Nose: Rich fig, sherry and pepper. Sweet honey, tart raspberry and a nice creaminess.
Taste: Thick, rich mouth feel. Some heat, a bit more than I was expecting for the proof. Lots of honey, fig, cocoa and pepper. Then the sulfur kicks up, along with some savory oak and leather.
Finish: Short to medium in length, but with a searing heat. A bit hotter than Id like, and likely due to the youth, in my opinion. Lots of honey, pepper, currants and figs here along with some light oak presence.
Overall: I liked this, but it was a bit heavy on the ethanol and sulfur for me.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Glenfarclas Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #72. Glenfarclas 12
- Review #118. Glenfarclas 15yr
- Review #124. Glenfarclas 25yr
- Review #364. Glenfarclas Family Cask 1989 (25yr, Astor)
- Review #664. Glenfarclas 9yr 2007 Marriage of Casks, The Whiskey Exchange Exclusive
- Review #672. Glenfarclas 15yr Cask Strength, The Whiskey Exchange Exlusive
- Review #78. Glenfarclas 105 10yr
- Review #79. Glenfarclas Faultline Casks (KL)
- Review #837. Glenfarclas 2004 11yr Sherry Cask
- Review #94. Glenfarclas 17