The Schtick: This is an independent bottling of rum distilled at Foursquare in Barbados and bottled by Fine Drams after selection by the r/Rum community. It is bottled at cask strength with no coloring or filtering. I’m proud to have sat on the panel for this selection, but as a result, this review will not carry a rating.
Bottler: Fine Drams
ABV: 63% ABV
Age: 13 Years
Nose: Honey, apples, rich brown sugar. Maple, toffee, strong tannic structure. Faint funk, mild rubber influence.
Taste: Thick and rich, some heat but not punishing. Definitely on the hotter side though. Rich toffee, fudge, caramel, light funk. Bananas, faint mango, some guava and cherry. Vanilla bean, rich.
Finish: Long, rich and growing a hair funkier. Good oak structure. Coffee, toffee, caramel and some nutmeg. More bourbon-y here, less fruity and funky.
Overall: Really delicious dram and I’m still very glad I pushed hard for this to be the selection
Thanks for reading!
9 Most Recent Foursquare Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1115. The Real McCoy 3yr Rum
- Review #480. Doorlys Barbados Rum 8yr
- Review #481. Doorlys Barbados Rum XO
- Review #738. Foursquare Zinfandel Cask Finished Rum
- Review #741. Foursquare 2004 Mark III Cask Strength 11yr Rum
- Review #780. Blackadder 12yr Foursquare
- Review #807. Foursquare Premise
- Review #891. Foursquare Principia