The Schtick: This was a bottle that I tried blind and then got the reveal in order to fill in relevant details here.
ABV: 56% ABV
Age: 3 Years
Nose: Sweet cream, pungent peat and moss. Earthy, oceanic, mossy.
Taste: Medium to thick mouthfeel. Sweet cream, lemon, honey, ginger, almond, rich dead fish. Mossy, rich and smokey. Light ash.
Finish: Long, sweet and rich with peat. Smokey, ashy, lots of fishy unami.
Overall: Good and shockingly brash / complex for the age. A tiny bit hot, but the complexity here is a winner despite its youth.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Bunnahabhain Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #216. Bunnahabhain 10yr Murray McDavid Port Cask
- Review #155. Bunnahabhain 12yr
- Review #1152. Bunnahabhain 11yr Adelphi 2005
- Review #785. Bunnahabhain 10yr Old Particular KL Wines Exclusive
- Review #957. Bunnahabhain 13yr Marsala Finish Limited Edition
- Review #963. Bunnahabhain 14yr PX Limited Edition
- Review #998. Bunnahabhain Moine Bordeaux
- Review #110. Bunnahabhain 10yr Signatory Vintage 2005
- Review #748. Bunnahabhain 4yr Peated BattleHill
- Review #654. Bunnahabhain Eirigh Na Greine
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect