The Schtick: “Kentucky- A single barrel bourbon hand-picked by local Total Wine experts, aged in new American Oak barrels and finished in Chappellet Pritchard Hill Cabernet Sauvignon casks. Nose is reminiscent of this exquisite Napa Valley wine, with hints of caramel and spicy oak on the finish.” – Total Wine
So we have a Jeffersons release, matured in Cabernet casks, and chosen by Total Wine. This could be interesting.
Selection: Total Wine
ABV: 45.1% ABV
Nose: Honey, fresh red berries, oak, vanilla. Light raspberry. Some ethanol. Not a ton going on here.
Taste: Thin, no heat. Oak, light toffee, some faint berry. Astringency and heat.
Finish: Short but hot. Not a lot going on here. Faint vanilla and berries.
Overall: A hot, boring dram. Unfortunately not something really interesting or exciting, especially given how much heat was there.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Undisclosed Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #407. Bulleit Cask Strength Bourbon
- Review #766. Barrell Bourbon Batch 009
- Review #180. Orphan Barrel Barterhouse 20yr
- Review #950. Hyde 1916 Ex-Bourbon Irish Whiskey
- Review #181. Orphan Barrel Rhetoric 21yr
- Review #426. The Sovereign 51yo Grain
- Review #990. Son of a Peat Batch 1
- Review #1053. Dunville 10yr PX Finished Irish Whiskey
- Review #680. BC 12yr Caribbean Dark Rum
- Review #689. Smooth Ambler Revelation Rum Rye Cask Finish
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect