The Schtick: This is an unaged high ester rum distilled at Hampden distillery and held by E&A Scheer. It carries the DOK marque.
Bottler: Fine Drams
Selection: Fine Drams
ABV: 69% ABV
Nose: Pungent and earthy. Loaded with fruits. Mango, agave syrup, pineapple, papaya. Pine nuts. Light rubber, and an ester explosion. The potency is incredible.
Taste: Medium mouth feel. Lots of heat. Massive funk bomb. Ester attack. Honey, apples, banana, savory meat and a force of funk that is unrelenting. It’s a rollercoaster, but altogether enjoyable.
Finish: Long and rich. Lots of ash, leather, honey, papay and rum stank.
Overall: Incredible. Unique. It’s funky and sweet, yet savory and meaty. Like I said before, the esters are unrelenting. I’ll be this makes the daquiri of the century.
Thanks for reading!
7 Most Recent Hampden Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #882. Rumfire Overproof Jamaican Rum
- Review #1172. Smith & Cross Navy Proof Rum
- Review #383. Golden Devil Single Cask Hampden 24yr
- Review #483. Hampden 18yr Rum (Kill Devil)
- Review #529. Stolen Overproof 6yr Jamaican Hampden Rum
- Review #989. Barrell Rum Batch 001
- Review #1169. Rumfire: Barrel Aged (whiskyCurator Mini Barrel Experiment)
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect