The Schtick: This is an unaged rum distilled at Hampden distillery and held by E&A Scheer. It carries the LROK marque.
Bottler: Fine Drams
ABV: 69% ABV
Nose: Potent mango, ethanol, beef jerky, fruits. Bright and effervescent, exceptionally crisp.
Taste: Medium mouth feel, but at the cost of significant heat. Vanilla, honey, rubber and funk. Lightly rotting. Total fruit bomb.
Finish: Long rich and loaded with mango, banana and essence of burning rubber.
Overall: Potent but incredibly clean. This was a total treat to try, especially given the searing funk and fruit balance.
Thanks for reading!
8 Most Recent Hampden Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #882. Rumfire Overproof Jamaican Rum
- Review #1172. Smith & Cross Navy Proof Rum
- Review #1212. Hampden DOK Unaged
- Review #383. Golden Devil Single Cask Hampden 24yr
- Review #483. Hampden 18yr Rum (Kill Devil)
- Review #529. Stolen Overproof 6yr Jamaican Hampden Rum
- Review #989. Barrell Rum Batch 001
- Review #1169. Rumfire: Barrel Aged (whiskyCurator Mini Barrel Experiment)
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect