The Schtick: This is a special, from the distillery, sample of Jack Daniels bourbon at 53.5% ABV used for the Angels Share tour. A real fun experiment, so lets see how it is. I do not have cask information regarding which barrel this came from.
ABV: 53.5% ABV
Nose: Powerful honey, honey roasted peanuts, bananas foster and an unprecedented vanilla bean note. Delicious bready and sweet, with some savory character as well.
Taste: Honey, apples, bananas, raspberry. Vanilla bean, toffee, caramel and butterscotch. Reminiscent of old ND spirit and bananas in a blender. Weird, but great mouth feel with great oak structure,.
Finish: Medium, rich and loaded with banana. A bit more one noated here with peanut and banana dominating.
Overall: I really like this, but I can see that this is likely polarizing. The peanuts are wild, and the banana is at a crazy level I’ve not had in their spirit before. I love this, but agree this likely won’t appeal to everyone. Great, though.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Brown-Forman Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1009. Old Forester 1897: Bottled In Bond
- Review #886. Old Forester Single Barrel Ottos Selection
- Review #643. Early Times 150th Anniversary
- Review #1019. Jack Daniels Single Barrel Barrel Proof Woodmans Selection
- Review #1007. Old Forester 1870: Original Batch
- Review #1013. Old Forester 1920: : Prohibition Style
- Review #550. Early Times Bottled in Bond
- Review #1011. Old Forester 1910: Old Fine Whiskey
- Review #76. Old Forester Signature
- Review #133. Rittenhouse Rye Bottled In Bond DSP-Ky-354
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect