The Schtick: This is an unaged high ester rum distilled at Hampden distillery and held by E&A Scheer. It carries the HGML marque.
Bottler: Fine Drams
Selection: Fine Drams
ABV: 69% ABV
Nose: Syrupy and rich in fruits. Pineapple, coconut, toffee. Lots going on, with an emphasis of fruits over searing funk.
Taste: Thick mouth feel. Sweeter and less brash in the ester department compared to LROK and DOK, but certainly no slouch. Lots of pineapple, sweet syrup, coconut and toffee. Light pepper and ash. Hot.
Finish: Long and rich with lots more rubber showing in the finish than the nose or palate. Syrupy pineapple.
Overall: Really something delicious. Great evolution, incredibly potent despite the unique coconut note I got a lot of hear. Love it.
Thanks for reading!
9 Most Recent Hampden Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1215. Hampden LROK Unaged
- Review #882. Rumfire Overproof Jamaican Rum
- Review #1172. Smith & Cross Navy Proof Rum
- Review #1212. Hampden DOK Unaged
- Review #383. Golden Devil Single Cask Hampden 24yr
- Review #483. Hampden 18yr Rum (Kill Devil)
- Review #529. Stolen Overproof 6yr Jamaican Hampden Rum
- Review #989. Barrell Rum Batch 001
- Review #1169. Rumfire: Barrel Aged (whiskyCurator Mini Barrel Experiment)
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect