The Schtick: This is another bottling of MGP spirit under a private label. I tasted this dram blind and then got the reveal at a later time, so keep that in mind as you read through these notes.
Bottler: Blaum Bros
ABV: % ABV
Age: 12 Years
Nose: Musty and dusty. plums, clove, vanilla. Oddly fruity, with some nice mustier notes to keep things interesting.
Taste: Thin to medium mouth feel, fruity and sweet. Good deal of berries, honey, toffee. It’s a bit hot, but not punishing.
Finish: Long, fruity and rich. Lots of peanut funk here which is really interesting.
Overall: Hot but delightful in a way that I typically only enjoy from KC SiB’s. My guess was a KC SiB of 8-10 years in age, but this turned out to be a MGP sourced product I’d not yet had: Blaum Bros Oldfangled Knotter 12yr. Interesting!
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent MGP/LDi Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1083. WhistlePig 10yr Single Barrel Cask Strength Rye “Pig Casserole” Wine + Whiskey County Selection
- Review #663. Smooth Ambler Old Scout 11yr “Jawbreaker
- Review #166. Willett Family Estate 6yr SiB Rye
- Review #245. Smooth Ambler Old Scout 10yr Single Barrel Annapolis Whiskey Society Selection “Slandys Select”
- Review #956. Redemption 9yr Barrel Proof Bourbon
- Review #790. O.K.I 10yr Small Batch Sherry Brandy Finish
- Review #475. WhistlePig Boss Hog: The Black Prince
- Review #792. OKI Single Barrel #71 10yr Gift Shop
- Review #786. O.K.I Small Batch 10yr Batch #15
- Review #66. Smooth Ambler Old Scout 8yr Single Barrel Bourbon
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect