ABV: % ABV
Nose: Oak, pepper, pipe tobacco. Musty, cocoa, vanilla. Light fudge. Faint salinity. Melon. Clove. Taste: Some heat. Rich mouth feel. Cherry, raspberry. Pepper, clove, herbal rye spice. Vanilla, fudge, blackberry. Finish: Long but searingly hot. Filled with cocoa, fudge, blueberry and blackberry. Pipe tobacco and strong oak structure. Overall: This is really nice, with the caveat of too much heat, and a dominant clove note. That said, the fudge blended with the fruitiness is pretty impressive. This feels like it has some pretty good age, but without knowing the age, proof or components, I have nothing but my palate to work with.
Thanks for reading!Rank: 7
10 Most Recent Various Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #413. Compass Box Spice Tree Extravaganza
- Review #417. That Boutique-y Whisky Company 50yr Blend #1
- Review #770. Barrell Bourbon New Year 2017 Limited Release
- Review #212. Hochstadters Vatted Straight Rye Whiskey
- Review #1123. Plantation Xaymaca Pot Still Rum
- Review #274. High West Rendezvous Rye Finished in Ex-Campfire
- Review #662. Johnnie Walker 10 Years Old Rye Cask Finish 46%
- Review #673. Pussers 15yr Rum
- Review #495. Cutty Sark (1961)
- Review #451. Compass Box Great King Street: Artists Blend Single Barrel Limited Edition Marrying Cask (Binnys)
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect