ABV: 62.9% ABV
Nose: Strong oak, cocoa, pepper, some cherry. Strong ethanol but nothing too wild.
Taste: Thick, rich, but hot. Powerful oak, honey, cherry and toffee. A little oakier than I would expect, but the heat is there. Peanuts, tobacco.
Finish: Long, hot and rich. Oaky, pepper, spice. Some vanilla, some tobacco but mostly ethanol and oak.
Overall: This is good but a bit tannic and a bit hot. That said, I’m certain this is a barrel proofer, and on the oakier side, so I don’t find either of those qualities to be excessive.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Brown-Forman Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1009. Old Forester 1897: Bottled In Bond
- Review #886. Old Forester Single Barrel Ottos Selection
- Review #643. Early Times 150th Anniversary
- Review #1019. Jack Daniels Single Barrel Barrel Proof Woodmans Selection
- Review #1007. Old Forester 1870: Original Batch
- Review #1013. Old Forester 1920: : Prohibition Style
- Review #550. Early Times Bottled in Bond
- Review #1011. Old Forester 1910: Old Fine Whiskey
- Review #76. Old Forester Signature
- Review #1216. Jack Daniels Angels Share 107pf
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect