Bottler: High West
Selection: Big Red
ABV: 50.9% ABV
Nose: Sour fruit, apples, sour patch kids. Vanilla. Kinda funny fruit notes. Doesn’t feel like bourbon initially, on the nose.
Taste: Sweet apple, vanilla, honey, toffee. Light oak. Some heat here. Oak. Really fruity for a bourbon.
Finish: Some heat here, but again some apple and fun fruits. Oak, pepper, light sweetness.
Overall: This is nice, but not amazing. Good proof, good fruits but it’s a bit disjointed.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Various Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #770. Barrell Bourbon New Year 2017 Limited Release
- Review #662. Johnnie Walker 10 Years Old Rye Cask Finish 46%
- Review #373. Compass Box Rivals
- Review #760. High Wests A Midwinters Night Dram Act 2
- Review #206. Chivas Regal 1970
- Review #274. High West Rendezvous Rye Finished in Ex-Campfire
- Review #397. High West Rendezvous Rye Ex-Boulevardier Finish Binnys Selection
- Review #673. Pussers 15yr Rum
- Review #495. Cutty Sark (1961)
- Review #6. High West Bourye
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect