Distiller: Heaven Hill
Bottler: Heaven Hill
ABV: 62.5% ABV
Nose: Oak, honey, orange zest. Pepper, pipe tobacco. A bit dry on the nose, but some nice savory richness here.
Taste: Dry, oaky, loaded with cocoa and cherry. Dark chocolate, some orange zest. Faint syrupy fruit, like as if there was some faint sherry in there. Not a ton, just a wisp. Not too hot for the proof, surprisingly.
Finish: Short, dry, a bit hotter than expected here. Really crisp, but dry. Wisps away.
Overall: I think this nails the oak really well for a bourbon, and I was afraid an oakier ECBP would be too much for me. I think I’d take this over any of the recent ECBP’s.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Heaven Hill Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #175. Henry McKenna 10 Year Single Barrel Bottled in Bond
- Review #533. David Nicholson 1843
- Review #352. Fighting Cock 6yr Bourbon
- Review #1138. Old Fitzgerald Prime
- Review #902. William Heavenhill Bottled in Bond
- Review #401. Rebel Yell 10 Year Single Barrel
- Review #405. Parkers Heritage Collection 24yr Bottled in Bond (Release 10)
- Review #496. J.W. Dant Bottled in Bond Split DSP
- Review #910. Elijah Craig Barrel Proof Batch #12
- Review #912. Elijah Craig Barrel Proof Batch A118
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect