ABV: 52% ABV
Nose: Pungent and peaty. Loads of vanilla, fresh baked bread, light funky esters. Honey, banana, light lemon and lime. Faint crushed stone. Overall, it’s pretty typical Ardbeg with just a hint of rum.
Taste: Medium mouth feel, a bit of ethanol. Sweet and creamy, with lots of pear, ash, bandaid, lemon, orange peel and moss. The funk from the nose here is more or less absent, in a strange plot twist.
Finish: Medium length finish – lots of earth here. Vanilla, citrus, and damp earth steal the spotlight, with most other fruits and the rum character falling off entirely.
Overall: This isn’t bad, but its disjointed and strange, withouth a lot of cohesive notes to tie it together. I’d take Uuigedail or Grooves or just about any Ardbeg ahead of this because all of them feel better integrated to me.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Ardbeg Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #845. Ardbeg 2006 Airigh Nam Beist
- Review #911. Ardbeg 12yr The Boutique-y Whisky Company 2004
- Review #627. Ardbeg Dark Cove Committee Release
- Review #520. Ardbeg An Oa
- Review #997. Ardbeg Auriverdes
- Review #317. Ardbeg Perpetuum
- Review #629. Ardbeg Kelpie Committee Release
- Review #24. Ardbeg Corryvreckan
- Review #26. Ardbeg Uuigedail
- Review #725. Ardbeg Grooves Committee Release
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect