The Schtick: This is the original release of GlenDronach 15yr – a sherried single malt from GlenDronach. Along with the re-release from 2018, I compared these two blind in study for a special SBS with friends. Let’s see how it is.
ABV: 46% ABV
Age: 15 Years
Nose: Rich and pungent. Loads of pipe tobacco, sherry, old leather, stewed fruits and cocoa.
Taste: Thick, rich mouth feel. No heat. Some pipe tobacco, nice oak structure. Loads of toffee, coffee, cocoa and stewed fruits. Blackberry and currant abound.
Finish: Long and rich, lots of honey, toffee and currant.
Overall: Really very good. The complexity and character despite the proof is incredible here.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent GlenDronach Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #899. The GlenDronach 19yr 1994 Oloroso Cask #4943
- Review #31. The GlenDronach 12yr
- Review #631. The GlenDronach 21yr Parliament
- Review #81. The GlenDronach Cask Strength (Batch 3)
- Review #132. The GlenDronach 12yr Single Cask
- Review #848. The GlenDronach 18 Allardice
- Review #284. GlenDronach Single Cask 24yr PX
- Review #250. The GlenDronach Revival 15yr
- Review #244. The GlenDronach 18yr Tawny Port
- Review #188. GlenDronach 20yr Single Cask 1995 PX Sherry Puncheon 52.8%
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect