Bottler: Smooth Ambler
ABV: 43.8% ABV
Age: 11 Years
Nose: Honey, floral berries, pipe tobacco. Really fruity. Blackberry, vanilla, baking spices and cherry. Some light melon. Nice pepper. No ethanol.
Taste: Thin to medium mouth feel. No heat. Honey, toffee, blackberry and cherry. Light melon. Baking spices, toffee, cinnamon and vanilla bean. Nice, certainly unique.
Finish: Long, mild, lots going on. Strawberry, cream, vanilla, toffee, and caramel. Super fruit. Reminds me of those old Cream Savers hard candies.
Overall: Really delicious. I’d drink this over most other SAOS barrels I’ve had before. Awesome stuff.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent MGP/LDi Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #663. Smooth Ambler Old Scout 11yr “Jawbreaker
- Review #166. Willett Family Estate 6yr SiB Rye
- Review #173. Bulleit Rye
- Review #207. Angels Envy Rye
- Review #1080. Whistle Pig 10yr Single Barrel Cask Strength Rye 5 Star Liquor OWS 2018 Selection (MGP)
- Review #1083. WhistlePig 10yr Single Barrel Cask Strength Rye “Pig Casserole” Wine + Whiskey County Selection
- Review #2. Smooth Ambler Old Scout 10yr
- Review #18. High Wests A Midwinters Night Dram 3.3
- Review #427. Smooth Ambler Old Scout 9yr Limited Edition Rye
- Review #777. Smooth Ambler Old Scout Single Barrel Bourbon #717
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect