The Schtick: This is the highly anticipated re-release of GlenDronachs 15yr sherry matured single malt. Stripped from shelves and discontinued from release for a period of several years due to stock shortages, this expression from The GlenDronach was sorely missed. I tasted this blind against the old GlenDronach 15 thanks to the help of a friend, so lets see how it fares.
ABV: 46 % ABV
Age: 15 Years
Nose: Honey, syrupy, acetobe, figs and baked bread.
Taste: Medium mouth feel, lots of sugar, honey, figs, dates, raspberry, currant and some mild sulphur.
Finish: Medium length in the finish, pretty good overall. More fig here than berry, grows a little mustier, a bit more sulphur. I notice the ethanol most here on the finish, but it’s not punishing or anything.
Overall: Overall, this is still a nice dram. Side by side against the 2015, there’s no competition, especially blind. Even the color is a giveaway. That said, I’d still probably get one and just one.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent GlenDronach Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1261. Glendronach 15yr Revival 2015
- Review #899. The GlenDronach 19yr 1994 Oloroso Cask #4943
- Review #31. The GlenDronach 12yr
- Review #631. The GlenDronach 21yr Parliament
- Review #81. The GlenDronach Cask Strength (Batch 3)
- Review #132. The GlenDronach 12yr Single Cask
- Review #848. The GlenDronach 18 Allardice
- Review #284. GlenDronach Single Cask 24yr PX
- Review #250. The GlenDronach Revival 15yr
- Review #244. The GlenDronach 18yr Tawny Port
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect