Distiller: Four Roses
Bottler: Four Roses
ABV: 58.3% ABV
Age: 9 Years
Nose: Brown sugar, clove, light herbal notes and toffee. Some light cocoa. Very traditional 4R notes here but that’s never a bad thing.
Taste: Medium mouth feel. Brown sugar, toffee, some tobacco. Rich clove. Mild heat, toffee, tobacco and really impressive oak structure.
Finish: Medium, a bit hot. Lots of maple, herbal, some toffee and a bit of pepper. Much more heat here, but nothing too hot.
Overall: Really nice bottling. Nothing super unique, but incredibly solid. I like it a lot. This is a winner of a barrel in my book.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Four Roses Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #433. Four Roses OESQ Bourbon Connoisseurs Selection
- Review #432. Four Roses OBSQ Binnys Selection
- Review #773. Four Roses Single Barrel Discount Liquors Selection
- Review #561. Four Roses OESK Private Selection Corks Selection
- Review #1157. Four Roses Small Batch Select
- Review #418. Four Roses Single Barrel Limited Edition 2013
- Review #954. Four Roses OESF Private Selection Tippins Market + Greater Detroit American Whiskey Society Selection
- Review #960. Four Roses OBSO Private Selection West Lakeview Liquors Selection
- Review #512. Four Roses OBSQ Private Selection The Wine and Cheese Place Selection
- Review #515. Four Roses OBSV Private Selection Schneiders of Capitol Hill Selection
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect