The Schtick: This is a Willett release of bourbon distilled at Willett Estate. Dumped from barrel 2047 and aged for 6 years, this release was bottled at cask strength. Let’s dive in.
ABV: 61.3% ABV
Age: 6 Years
Nose: Fruity banana bread, honey, toffee. Fresh baked bread, raisins, lightly herbal. Really desserty and bready for a bourbon.
Taste: Sweet yeasty donut. Banana. Clove. Brown sugar. Light herbal character. Lots of heat. Some pepper.
Finish: Long, warm but loaded with bread, pepper, clove and molasses. More banana here.
Overall: Really interesting here. I’ve never gotten this much banana / Juicy Fruit on a bourbon before. Wild stuff but not my favorite. Certainly not bad, though.
Thanks for reading!
8 Most Recent Willett Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #345. Willett 3yr Small Batch Rye
- Review #425. Willett Family Estate 5yr Single Barrel Gift Shop Rye
- Review #50. Willett 3 Year Rye (Willett Distillate)
- Review #80. Willett Family Estate 2yr Rye
- Review #277. Old Bardstown Bottled in Bond
- Review #817. Johnny Drum Private Stock
- Review #343. Willett Family Estate 4yr Bourbon
- Review #353. Noahs Mill
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect