ABV: 60.6% ABV
Age: 10 Years
Nose: Fairly closed off. Honey, apples, pears, light fruits. Vanilla, light nutty character. Musty, funky.
Taste: Thick and rich. Sweet, honey and melon. Lots of sweet caramel, faint currant and raspberry. Then, the ash rushes in. Earthy, mineral forward peat here. Light ash. The heat grows with time. Almost punishing at the end.
Finish: Long, but hot and definitely ash forward. Rubber, astringency, plastic, earthy soapstone. Minerality is big here with the smoke. Light honey and blackberry.
Overall: What a transition. This goes from sweet and unassuming to a fruit bomb to a total peat bomb. Really interesting progression and a really delicious dram.
Thanks for reading!
9 Most Recent Tobermory Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #308. Tobermory 18yo Old Particular
- Review #789. Ledaig 13yr Amontillado
- Review #793. Ledaig 7yr r/Scotch Selection
- Review #323. Ledaig 18yr Exclusive Cask
- Review #890. Ledaig 10yr
- Review #1158. Tobermory 21yr Cask Strength Manzanilla Finish
- Review #1048. Ledaig 22yr Gordon & MacPhail 1994 Bounty Hunter Selection
- Review #275. Ledaig 9yr Signatory Vintage 2005 First Fill Sherry
- Review #675. Ledaig 11yr Hermitage Cask Finish Gordon MacPhail Private Collection
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect