The Schtick: A pechuge distilled from the 2016 harvest, this black bottle from El Jolgorio was distilled by Jose Cortes Santiago. This is the 7th Edition.
Distiller: El Jolgorio
Bottler: El Jolgorio
ABV: 48% ABV
Nose: Confectioners sugar, melon, wheat, super sweet no funk, etc
Taste: Faint funk, lots of sweetness, honey, earth. Clay, rhubarb, white pepper, super creamy.
Finish: Short, a bit of heat, vanilla bean, caramel, white pepper, light salinity. Light vegetation.
Overall: Really great expression sporting a profile that isn’t super common. Really cool to give a go.
Thanks for reading!
6 Most Recent El Jolgorio Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1278. El Jolgorio Pechuga Black Bottle 2016 7th Edition
- Review #700. El Jolgorio Mexicano
- Review #1168. Nuestra Soledad | El Jolgorio Matatlan
- Review #1165. Nuestra Soledad | El Jolgorio Oaxaca
- Review #706. El Jolgorio Barril
- Review #1120. Nuestra Soledad 2015 San Luis del Rio
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect