ABV: 52% ABV
Nose: Big hit of sweet cream, lime, soap stone, ash and sea air. Fainy iodine, mostly ashy and burning wood. Minerality is real nice.
Taste: Thin, hot, loaded with ash and smoke. Bready, yeasty, fresh baked cake. Musty, some ash, a bit hot overall.
Finish: Short, very very ashy, loads of smoke, increasing heat.
Overall: Total peat bomb. It’s a bit thin, and a bit hot, but I expect that to pair with what I assume is very relative youth as well.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Ardbeg Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #845. Ardbeg 2006 Airigh Nam Beist
- Review #911. Ardbeg 12yr The Boutique-y Whisky Company 2004
- Review #627. Ardbeg Dark Cove Committee Release
- Review #1259. Ardbeg Drum Committee Release
- Review #520. Ardbeg An Oa
- Review #997. Ardbeg Auriverdes
- Review #317. Ardbeg Perpetuum
- Review #629. Ardbeg Kelpie Committee Release
- Review #24. Ardbeg Corryvreckan
- Review #26. Ardbeg Uuigedail
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect