Distiller: Heaven Hill
Bottler: Heaven Hill
ABV: 69.7% ABV
Age: 12 Years
Nose: Powerful and intense. Cherry cola, caramel, vanilla. Really prominent honey notes. Rich oak without unwelcome bitterness. Really powerful cola note that goes on forever.
Taste: Thick and rich. Some heat, but in check. Powerful oak, cherry cola and cocoa. Tons of toffee, rich oak and a sweet vanilla profile that gives this dram the feeling of a powerful adult cola.
Finish: Long, hot but balanced. Load of sweet cocoa, cherry cola, caramel and a nice tannic, dry exit.
Overall: Really an impressive bottle, and a welcome taste to complete another missing entry in my ECBP list of batches. This is a winner for sure, and harkens back to the days of these being cherry cola bombs.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Heaven Hill Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #175. Henry McKenna 10 Year Single Barrel Bottled in Bond
- Review #533. David Nicholson 1843
- Review #352. Fighting Cock 6yr Bourbon
- Review #1138. Old Fitzgerald Prime
- Review #902. William Heavenhill Bottled in Bond
- Review #401. Rebel Yell 10 Year Single Barrel
- Review #405. Parkers Heritage Collection 24yr Bottled in Bond (Release 10)
- Review #496. J.W. Dant Bottled in Bond Split DSP
- Review #910. Elijah Craig Barrel Proof Batch #12
- Review #912. Elijah Craig Barrel Proof Batch A118
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect