Distiller: Four Roses
Bottler: Four Roses
ABV: 55.8% ABV
Age: 11 Years 8 Months
Nose: Rich brown sugar. Lovely floral nose, lots of fresh berries and pepper. Then comes the dessert. Caramel, toffee, nougat. Faint oak. Really rich desserty profile here.
Taste: Rich mouth feel. Some heat. Cocoa, light fudge, then some oaky bitterness. Honey, toffee, and some plum. Faint raspberry. Clove grows over time.
Finish: Long, rich but a bit hot. Raspberry, toffee, cocoa and oak. Really savory and desserty Reminds me of a cherry cordial chocolate candy.
Overall: While this can’t touch the OESK I had from Riley’s some time back, this is a damn good barrel. I’m loving all thats going on here and I wish I had another.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Four Roses Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1264. Four Roses OESV Private Selection The Exclusive Society Selection “Cage #Brown Brown”
- Review #433. Four Roses OESQ Bourbon Connoisseurs Selection
- Review #432. Four Roses OBSQ Binnys Selection
- Review #773. Four Roses Single Barrel Discount Liquors Selection
- Review #561. Four Roses OESK Private Selection Corks Selection
- Review #1157. Four Roses Small Batch Select
- Review #418. Four Roses Single Barrel Limited Edition 2013
- Review #954. Four Roses OESF Private Selection Tippins Market + Greater Detroit American Whiskey Society Selection
- Review #960. Four Roses OBSO Private Selection West Lakeview Liquors Selection
- Review #512. Four Roses OBSQ Private Selection The Wine and Cheese Place Selection
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect