Bottler: Single Cask Nation
ABV: 54.1% ABV
Age: 11 Years
Nose: Powerful vanilla. A good deal of ethanol. Cocoa, molasses and sticky cake batter. Oak is present and very evident, as well as some floral grass and melon. Nice pepper element ties things together.
Taste: Medium mouth feel. Quite a bit of ethanol though, a bit punishing for the proof. Molasses, brown sugar. Very grassy, with lots of floral elements. Almost a faint spearmint note.
Finish: Wisps away cleanly. The ABV is much better behaved here. Strong oak, a good deal of molasses and melon. Faint grassy character.
Overall: Pretty solid overall. The heat on the palate is sort of a bummer given that this is fairly low ABV as far as 4Sqr releases are in this age range, but the showcase of flavors is awesome. The floral component is something I don’t see a lot from this producer, which is interesting and fun.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Foursquare Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #891. Foursquare Principia
- Review #479. Doorlys Barbados Rum 12yr
- Review #780. Blackadder 12yr Foursquare
- Review #807. Foursquare Premise
- Review #1115. The Real McCoy 3yr Rum
- Review #738. Foursquare Zinfandel Cask Finished Rum
- Review #480. Doorlys Barbados Rum 8yr
- Review #1166. XXX:One Foursquare 13yr r/Rum x Fine Drams 2005
- Review #481. Doorlys Barbados Rum XO
- Review #741. Foursquare 2004 Mark III Cask Strength 11yr Rum
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect