Bottler: Gordon MacPhail
ABV: 46% ABV
Age: 16 Years
Nose: Sweet, fresh baked bread. Honey, vanilla bean. Light ash. Sweet apples, pears, figs and a light icing sweetness. More sweet on the nose, rather than ashy.
Taste: Thin to medium mouth feel. Faint pinprick of heat, but nothing unreasonable. Sweet honey, light oak, vanilla bean and then some minerality. Some ash and burning wood. Not a lot going on here besides that.
Finish: Short, not a ton going on. Apples, almond, pear, sweet cream and ash.
Overall: Overall, not bad. Not exceptional, but entirely fine. It seems so neutered overall, with so little Ledaig ash and peat shining through.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Tobermory Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #675. Ledaig 11yr Hermitage Cask Finish Gordon MacPhail Private Collection
- Review #1279. Ledaig 12yr “Present Future”
- Review #275. Ledaig 9yr Signatory Vintage 2005 First Fill Sherry
- Review #308. Tobermory 18yo Old Particular
- Review #1048. Ledaig 22yr Gordon & MacPhail 1994 Bounty Hunter Selection
- Review #890. Ledaig 10yr
- Review #323. Ledaig 18yr Exclusive Cask
- Review #1158. Tobermory 21yr Cask Strength Manzanilla Finish
- Review #1267. Ledaig 10yr Single Cask Seasons 2014 “Winter”
- Review #789. Ledaig 13yr Amontillado
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect